In this tutorial, you will learn how to fix and solve the NVIDIA Control Panel missing error problem.
It is very rare to find your NVIDIA control panel missing from the desktop
menu or system control panel, as many NVIDIA graphics adapter users experience this at some point.
We will provide you with some precise tips, which can solve
this issue in a few minutes.
There are three ways to get back the NVIDIA control panel in the menu.
We suggest you follow each step in the given order and proceed to the next one only if you do not get the result.
- Also Read:- Recover data from a dead laptop
Make the NVIDIA Control Panel visible in the settings
The first step you have to do is to check the settings. Sometimes, an updated version or other software can change the settings, making NVIDIA control panel invisible.
In this method, you can open the NVIDIA control panel in the system control panel and make it appear in the desktop context menu.
- Invoke the Run dialog by pressing the Windows logo and R keys on your keyboard.
- Type “control” in the dialog and press Enter on the keyboard. It takes you to the system control panel.
- In the control panel, select Large Icons from the drop-down beside View By.
- Then the NVIDIA control panel appears in the options, and you have to select it.
- The next window consists of many options for the NVIDIA control panel. You have to click Desktop or View at the top of the window, and then check the box beside to Add Context Menu.
- To check if the NVIDIA control panel is visible, right-click the system, and check for it in the display context menu.
- Also Read:- Best long-lasting laptops to buy online.
If this method doesn’t help, then proceed to the next step.
Update the graphics card drivers-
Graphics card drivers can cause this issue due to various reasons. It could be due to the incompatible drivers or even the old drivers.
In such scenarios, the ideal step is to update the drivers from a reputable source, preferably the NVIDIA website.
If the first step fails, then you can walk through this step without a second thought.
However, there are two separate methods to update the NVIDIA graphics card drivers.
- Also Read:- How does Discord make money?
In this method, you have to update the drivers by yourself. While it is okay to do this work by yourself, it can be bothersome if you find it difficult to fiddle with the settings.
In such a scenario, we advise you to follow automatic methods. However, to update the NVIDIA graphics card drivers manually, you have to:
- Open the NVIDIA official website.
- Click Drivers in the options bar at the top.
- A window appears with a form, where you have to enter some details.
- Enter the specifics about Product Type, Product Series, Product, Operating system, Windows Driver Type, Download Type, and Language.
- Then click Search at the bottom.
- Then you will get a results page with the details about the available update.
- The Version, Release Date, Operating System, Language, and File Size details are given.
- Click Download to get the file into your system.
- After downloading it, turn the system to Safe Mode, and update the driver.
- Also Read:- How does WhatsApp earn money?
If you find it confusing about various graphics settings during an update, then walk through the automatic method. It is the easiest way.
- Download any third party tool which assists you in the update of NVIDIA graphics card drivers.
- Install it and open it to check the options.
- Usually, the software recognizes the make and version of the graphics card being used in your computer and search for the relevant drivers via its database.
- Then you are presented with the results, where you have the option to select from different versions of the drivers.
- You have to select the latest available update and proceed with it.
- After clicking Download or Proceed, your chosen update will be downloaded.
- Then you will be prompted to update the driver by the third-party software.
- Choose the options as guided and complete the update.
- Alternatively, you can also make the update process automatic by choosing suitable options.
Also Read:- Lenovo Thinkpad vs. Ideapad laptop.
You are not needed to switch to safe mode when updating the drivers this way, because the third party software will optimize the settings accordingly.
Reinstalling the drivers-
If the update of drivers does not work, then you have to reinstall the NVIDIA graphics card drivers.
In this scenario, you still have the two methods: Manual and Automatic, albeit with some changes compared to the update of the drivers.
- Open the NVIDIA official website.
- Follow the same steps as in the manual update of the drivers.
- However, you will have other options too in this scenario like Beta Versions, Driver Widget, etc.
- Select the respective option
- Proceed with the Download
- After downloading, you need to turn your system into safe mode before proceeding with the installation.
- Then, you will be prompted to uninstall the previous drivers. Proceed with it.
- After the uninstallation of previous drivers, you can proceed with the reinstallation of drivers of the newer version.
- Like the automatic updating of drivers, download any related third party app.
- On installing it, the software searches for the related drivers.
- You will be provided with the relevant results, and choose the latest driver version to download.
- After downloading the drivers, you will be prompted by the software to uninstall the existing one. Proceed with it.
- After the uninstallation of the old drivers, it will reinstall the downloaded new drivers.
- However, if you have enabled the automatic option in the entire process before operating the third party application, then this process will be automated without any manual input.
- Also Read:- Is a Career in Computer Science Worth it?
These are the ways to make the Missing NVIDIA Control Panel visible on the desktop.
Some of these are super easy, while others may require some support from you in the form of mental abilities and time.
However, whichever method you follow, you will get the desired results, i.e., the NVIDIA control panel will be visible in the desktop context menu.
You can be a starter or decent or pro in handling the NVIDIA graphics card
settings, these methods will assist you impeccably.